Saturday, May 1, 2010
Tidbits of 1st day:
- Met a man who was including a Betty Boop doll in all his pictures. Met him at Emma Chase Cafe in Cottonwood Falls (see bottom picture).
- Chase County Courthouse spiral stairway - what a slide that would make! (see 2 pictures above it)
- Want more - read the book PrairyErth
- Met artist Erika Nelson with melted dinosaurs all over her truck (See top pictures)
- Visited with artist Mr. Ligget; saw that he had put a steer named Maverick depositing cow patties in a prominent place in Greensburg, protesting the changing of the team mascot from Ricky Ranger. The locals are not amused. He has something to say about almost everything.