Did a little site-seeing. Drove out to the top end of the Slide Trail, and found a sign saying "No shooting" which seemed to be honored in the breach. Bill saw lots of evidence of shooting - 4 different center fire cases, 1 of rimfire, and a bunch of 12 GA - also evidence of "shooting up." We also visited the Craft & Art Fair at Kit Carson Park - allowed for 2 hours, but only took 15 minutes.
Rested all afternoon, did laundry, and getting ready to rest up for tomorrow's trip to Santa Fe. Total miles today date about 1200.
Tid-Bits from Sandra:
- Frame of an old wagon which had a classy chassis: it said Studebaker
- Rocks and more rocks, mostly big and black, in the Rio Grande & Rio Pueblo de Taos gorges.
- Visited all the stores around the Plaza and bought nothing but a T-shirt.
- Cats at Moby Dickens bookstore were upset - they did not approve of the new rug.
- It appears folks dispose of hippy-painted station wagons & refrigerators over the edge.
- Hard to find a straight road around Taos - Bill had to pull out the Garmin to find our way back to town for lunch.
Trashed vehicle & appliances in gorge