We were going to head for the Plaza for a while, but the aforesaid hail intervened. The hail wasn't large, but there was a lot of it. We saw 4 horses - 3 loud B&W paints and a chestnut - guess which one got shelter under the trees.
Tid-bits by Sandra
- Election season in hot upon New Mexico. Signs proliferate; we counted 22 on one corner in LV.
- The Citizens for Honest Government have adopted a stretch of NM-518.
- Seen in the Mora Valley - a bright green & yellow house trailer. It had as good a chance as any in the valley to win Yard of the Month - very little.
- Sign: 2 Gray Hares Disc Golf
- I wonder just who the customers are for Sugar Nymphs Bistro at Penasco.
- Also near Penasco - a scarecrow Sylvester - but he was green. Tweety would be scared.
- A school bus painted in rainbow colors called the Bus Stop Ice Cream & Coffee Shop at the bridge.
Lunch was a local tamale store and supper was at El Taoseno, full of locals (good posole!).
Today's travel was only 178.2 miles, 1074.9 for the trip. Now we plan for tomorrow's search.